Friday, May 4, 2018

The Waiting...

We had the day off from filming so we spent the day at home just trying to catch up with life.  Our producer had already given us the schedule for The Reveal.  It going to be filmed the next day, Thursday night.

To say we were anxious about the Reveal would of been an understatement.  We're excited to hear the outcome but also scared as to what would find out.  Jennifer and I talked about the possibility of being told our only solution would be to move.  We talked it over with the girls and decided if that's the only thing we could do, then we would leave that night.

Unlike several of the other clients who had been told to leave but couldn't do so because of financial reasons, we were lucky enough to have built enough equity in our home to make moving a little easier.  The only problem would be finding a place that was similar enough to support our ranching operations.  After a quick look on the internet, we thankfully found enough places that we could relocate to if it came down to that.

We still had all the dogs at my mother's house and needed to keep them there until after the reveal.  So, even though we were at home, we didn't plan on staying too long.  Just long enough to grab a few things and look around.  It was amazing for us to see that Matt and the crew had put everything back in it's place.  The only evidence that they were even there was some left behind tape over certain logos and some tape on the walls where they may have hung some covering.

Another thing was they left some ruts on the west side of the driveway.  It happened on the night of Amy's walk and it's a funny story too.  If you remember it poured down rain that night.  One of their vans got stuck in the mud and couldn't get out.  They actually had to call a tow truck to come and pull them out.  The tow-truck driver apparently found out that they were filming a Dead Files episode and he then told his wife.  She was a fan of the show and posted something about it on Twitter.  Needless to say, our producer wasn't too pleased as they still had the reveal to film.  The last thing they wanted was word getting out that they were there, so he contacted the tow-truck driver.  Within an hour, the Tweet had been deleted.

The house still felt heavy, like there had been some sort of fight or argument.  We could feel the conflict as well as some confusion.  There was silence for the longest time, no TV, radio, or music playing and a slight smell of cigarette smoke was in the air.  Finally, the crazy woman must had mustered up the strength and a scream came down the hallway.  It was as if she was running toward us.  Even though we had heard her scream at least a 100 times, this one sounded different.  It was angry, frantic, and lost.  It sounded like a scream similar to a child who's lost in a store.  As she appeared to run past the entrance to the open bedroom, a picture fell off the wall and slammed onto the floor.  It was like it had been taken off the wall and thrown down as if she was having a temper tantrum.

We decided it was time to leave since crazy woman was getting all wound up and active.  Her screaming made uneasy and just increased our anxiety about the upcoming reveal.

Not a lot of sleep that night in anticipation of meeting Amy and hearing what she had to say.


  1. I’m so anxious to read about the full extent of the reveal! You’re doing such a great job with these posts, Lance. Keep it up! I hope everything is still peaceful for you & the girls....

  2. Your blogs are very clear and helpful. I am so sorry for what your family has gone through but very grateful that you are holding a light up giving glimmers of hope to others walking blind on haunted paths.


Most recent blog entry

Mis Mas Tejas Ranch partnership with Franzese Wines!

Mis Mas Tejas Ranch is excited to announce our partnership with Franzese Wines!

Most Popular Blog Post